Caption on back: Old Observatory. The University Observatory, one of three buildings left standing after the destruction of the University by the United States Army, served as the Library from 1871-1874.
1 photograph : gelatin developing-out paper, b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
United States--Alabama--Tuscaloosa County--Tuscaloosa
Maxwell Hall (University of Alabama)
University of Alabama -- Buildings
Observatories -- Alabama -- Tuscaloosa
William Stanley Hoole Special Collections Library
University Photograph Collection
The University of Alabama Libraries Digital Collections