acumen 3.0ɑ
W. S. Hoole Special Collections Library Manuscript Collections

Guide to the Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South minute books MSS.0079

ASSET VIEWER
Publication:

University Libraries Division of Special Collections, The University of Alabama

Box 870266
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35487-0266
205.348.0500
archives@ua.edu

May 2009

Creation:

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-11-05T16:13-0600

Language Usage:

English

Description Rules:

Describing Archives: A Content Standard

Collection Title:

Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South minute books

Unit ID:

MSS.0079

Repository:

University Libraries Division of Special Collections, The University of Alabama

Quantity:

0.2 Linear feet (34 items)

Dates:

1913-1990

Abstract:

This collection consists of a photocopy of a church record book, which contains a register of pastors (1913-1987), marriages (1889-1936), infant baptisms (1924-1988), and members.

creator

Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South .

Scope and Contents note

This collection consists of a photocopy of a church record book, which contains a register of pastors (1913-1987), marriages (1889-1936), infant baptisms (1924-1988), and members.

Preferred Citation:

Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South minute books, W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library, University Libraries Division of Special Collections, The University of Alabama.

Acquisition Information:

Gift of Richard Owens, 199?

Access Restrictions:

None

Usage Restrictions:

None

Biographical/Historical note

Andrews Chapel, also known as the McIntosh Log Church, is a historic Methodist church building in McIntosh, Alabama. It is one of only a few remaining log churches in the state. It had its beginning in 1860 when John C. Rush and his wife donated land for the church to the Methodist McIntosh community. The church was built before the year ended. It was named for James Osgood Andrew, a bishop in the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The squared-log building features square notched corners and a wood shingle roof. A new church building was built in 1952 adjacent to the chapel. The chapel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 20 November 1974.

Source: Wikipedia contributors. "Andrews Chapel (McIntosh, Alabama)." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 14 Jul. 2012. Web. 5 Nov. 2012.

Source(s)

Community and Place (localbroad)

Daily Life and Family (localbroad)

Logs (rbgenr)

Religion and Spirituality (localbroad)

Rosters (aat)

Andrews Chapel Box 710