acumen 3.0ɑ
W. S. Hoole Special Collections Library Manuscript Collections

Guide to the Pat Fahey Letter MSS.3079

ASSET VIEWER
Author:

Finding aid prepared by Lydia Wommack

Publication:

University Libraries Division of Special Collections, The University of Alabama

Box 870266
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35487-0266
205.348.0500
archives@ua.edu

October 2010

Creation:

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-28T10:32-0500

Language Usage:

English

Description Rules:

Describing Archives: A Content Standard

Collection Title:

Pat Fahey Letter

Unit ID:

MSS.3079

Repository:

University Libraries Division of Special Collections, The University of Alabama

Quantity:

0.1 Linear feet

Dates:

1936 July 13

Abstract:

A letter from Pat Fahey to Grace Fahey of Canton, Ohio. Pat writes from Fort Scott Camp thanking her for the dollar she sent in her letter.

Preferred Citation:

Pat Fahey Letter, W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library, University Libraries Division of Special Collections, The University of Alabama

Acquisition Information:

Gift of Wade Hall, 2006.

Processing Information:

Processed by

Lydia Wommack, 2010.

Scope and Contents note

This collection contains a letter from Pat Fahey in Fort Scott Camp to Grace Fahey of Canton, Ohio. While the envelope is addressed to Grace Fahey, the letter itself is addressed to "Mother and Dad." In the letter he thanks them for the money they sent. He also mentions that he'd been kept out of swimming for a while because he'd had a fall, and that only a few boys in his cabin like him.

Biographical/Historical note

Fort Scott Camp was a Catholic summer camp established in 1922 on 250 acres along the Great Miami River in Harrison, Ohio. The residential camp program included horseback riding, drama, environmental awareness, sports skills, archery, swimming, and spiritual growth. It also included overnight tent camping designed specifically for teens, with backpacking, learning survival skills and opportunities for senior campers to take a whitewater river canoe trip.

It closed in 1989 because of concerns about the nearby Fernald Nuclear plant.

Letter Box SC0049 Folder 3079.1