Emphasis (1967 : The University of Alabama), Robert A. Scalapino discusses emerging nations
- Permanent URL: http://purl.lib.ua.edu/82831
- Other Title
- World in Revolution
- In his panel discussion, Scalapino casts the United States as a new world leader with a responsibility to help emerging nations become stable. He briefly outlines the problems these nations face, both political and economic, and he explains how such problems can be overcome. He ends by cautioning that the United States must change certain attitudes—such as stubbornly holding onto the need for totalistic policies as well as tending toward isolationism—if it is to be helpful to these nations as they go down this path.
- sound recordings
- Scalapino, Robert A.
- EBSCO Industries
- University of Alabama; University of Alabama. Student Government Association
- The University of Alabama Libraries (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)
- Date Created
- 1967 March 17 1967-03-17
- Physical Description
- 1 open reel tape
- United States--Alabama--Tuscaloosa County--Tuscaloosa
- World politics
- Developing countries
- United States--Foreign relations--Developing countries
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American--Alabama--Tuscaloosa
- Document Type
- sound recording-nonmusical
- William Stanley Hoole Special Collections Library
- Repository Collection
- Online Repository
- The University of Alabama Libraries Digital Collections
- Digital Collection
- Emphasis, 1967-1971: Symposium on Contemporary Issues
- Funding Information
- The digitization of this collection was funded by a gift from EBSCO Industries.
- Access Conditions
- Collection may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law.
- To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the W. S. Hoole Special Collections Library.