Emphasis (1968 : The University of Alabama), Russell Kirk discusses American conservatives in the middle of the journey
- Permanent URL: http://purl.lib.ua.edu/82836
- Other Title
- Directions: American society at the crossroads
- In his panel discussion, Kirk talks about the conservative trend in politics that has arisen over the last 15 years (in both political parties), showing examples in the notable presidential candidates (Johnson, Kennedy, and McCarthy). He expresses hopes that when this new conservatism begins to work itself into policy, it will prove to be a positive sort of conservatism, stronger than previously and than the current liberal strain in politics that got us into Vietnam. He ends with an illustration from B.C.E. Greece as a warning to America that great countries can fall.
- sound recordings
- Kirk, Russell
- EBSCO Industries
- University of Alabama; University of Alabama. Student Government Association
- The University of Alabama Libraries (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)
- Date Created
- 1968 March 21 1968-03-21
- Physical Description
- 1 open reel tape
- United States--Alabama--Tuscaloosa County--Tuscaloosa
- Conservatives--United States
- Liberals--United States
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American--Alabama--Tuscaloosa
- Document Type
- sound recording-nonmusical
- William Stanley Hoole Special Collections Library
- Repository Collection
- Online Repository
- The University of Alabama Libraries Digital Collections
- Digital Collection
- Emphasis, 1967-1971: Symposium on Contemporary Issues
- Funding Information
- The digitization of this collection was funded by a gift from EBSCO Industries.
- Access Conditions
- Collection may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law.
- To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the W. S. Hoole Special Collections Library.